Senior React Developer
Brief Media is seeking a Senior React Developer to join our growing engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work on web applications that directly impact the quality of care that veterinarians and pharmacists provide to pet owners throughout the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter who is excited about software. You will work with the engineering team to design, build, and deliver quality software that our audience members love to use. Quality code should be at the forefront of everything that you do.
Help design and implement functional requirements
Build efficient front-end features in React
Integrate front-end components into applications
Manage testing and bug fixes
Prepare technical documentation
Collaborate with UX designers to implement design into the code
Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- A focus on front end web app development with knowledge of design and UX principles.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with (and track record of) unit, system and end-to-end testing
- A habit of writing clean code and useful unit tests.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative team environment, using Agile workflow with continuous integration.
- Proven track record of delivering complex web apps on schedule
- API development
- Cloud web services, particularly AWS Serverless
- Well-versed in Typescript
- Working with payment processor APIs
First and foremost, Brief Media is a team comprised of individuals who value, embrace and treasure pets. They cognitively see the world as a better place when animals are in it and recognize the human:animal bond as one that provides immeasurable benefits to people and pets alike.
PASSION: We have passion for WHAT we do because we unequivocally believe in the WHY. Our people are energetic, spirited, with fire in their souls.
INTEGRITY: With strong moral compasses to guide them, our team chooses to do what’s right for the profession, for the company, for our clients, for each other and for themselves…even when no one is watching.
IMPROVING, ALWAYS: We believe in challenging conventional thinking in order to make it better. Our team strives for transformative innovation: every product, every process, every person, every day.
GO THE EXTRA MILE: Our best quality and effort isn’t what comes easy. It is that which requires drive, commitment, sheer willpower…and then, just a little bit more.
VERSATILITY: We not only like change, we embrace it by regularly adapting our skill sets in order to lead innovation in the veterinary profession.
TEAMWORK: We are one team with one purpose, one vision, one focus, one goal.