A leading veterinary publishing company seeks an experienced, creative, passionate marketing manager to drive all marcom efforts across brands, products, channels, and audiences.
Are you the lynch pin? Can you see the big picture and how each person fits into that scene? Do you coach/mentor your teammates? Do you use data and information to confidently state your position and persuade others? Are you ready to market a strong brand to the next level?
Brief Media is looking for the "marketing glue" that can promote our successful products and strong brands. The most trusted brand in veterinary publishing, Brief Media needs to get the word out! A growing company, we need a creative, strategic marketing teammate who can leverage marcom to effectively cross-promote brands and audiences.
- Develop strategies and tactics to promote Brief Media and its products that drive qualified traffic across audience segments: ad sales, subscribers, consumers, and more.
- Build and manage an annual marketing plan designed to attract qualified audiences to all brands and products.
- Build and manage the annual marketing budget.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Collaborate with designers, sales professionals, audience development, content/editors, medical team, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant marcom campaigns to benefit the overall organization.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns.
- Lead the marcom team and related efforts including creative services, events, social media, email marketing, publicity, and product marketing.
- Manage the Brief Media brands, messaging, and corporate identity.
- Lead the organization’s experimentation with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels - content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis, and much more.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies, and vendors to position Brief Media as a leader in veterinary media.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field.
- Demonstrable experience in business-to-business marketing with the potential and attitude required to learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative thinker with an ability to use data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading marketing campaigns across channels that engage, educate, and motivate.
- Preference to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity; this role requires interdepartmental discussion, debate, and diplomacy as well as constant interaction with teammates and customers.
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics, and a love for great copy and witty, well branded communication.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing (on- and offline) and measurement.
- Numerically literate, comfortable with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- A passion and strong understanding of the veterinary industry.
- Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field.
- Experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- In-depth knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search (Google AdWords), retargeting, social network advertising (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more) and content distribution and placement networks like Outbrain and Taboola.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Wrike, and Omeda.
PASSION: We have passion for WHAT we do because we unequivocally believe in the WHY. Our people are energetic, spirited, with fire in their souls.
DO THE RIGHT THING: With strong moral compasses to guide them, our team chooses to do what’s right for the profession, for the company, for our clients, for each other and for themselves…even when no one is watching.
IMPROVING, ALWAYS: We believe in challenging conventional thinking in order to make it better. Our team strives for transformative innovation: every product, every process, every person, every day.
GO THE EXTRA MILE: Our best quality and effort isn’t what comes easy. It is that which requires drive, commitment, sheer inertia…and then, just a little bit more.
HUMILITY: We are a check-your-ego-at-the-door organization where each and every person’s opinion and perspective matters. We listen. To our audience. To our authors. To our clients. To each other.
TEAMWORK: We are one team with one purpose, one vision, one focus, one goal.