Looking to begin a career in the media or publishing industry? We’re looking for a driven and self-motivated individual to join our team.
The editorial assistant is an integral part of the content team; team members rely on this position for organization and proactive approaches to a wide assortment of tasks and projects. This position will be placed in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, providing administrative support and assisting with the publication of Brief Media brands.
This position requires excellent writing, editing, communication, and organization skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. It requires an unending commitment to accuracy, consistency in editing, and producing high-quality medical content. This individual will be expected to maintain a positive, proactive attitude while achieving results for the entire team.
This is a part-time position (24 hours per week).
- Provide daily editorial and administrative support for content department, including maintaining and tracking submitted articles, monographs, and related materials.
- Proofread, fact check, and slug and check corrections on all galleys across all assigned brands.
- Communicate and work with the Account Services team to relay editorial information and conduct ad checks.
- Collaborate with Account Services team to produce (ie, copyedit, coordinate) high quality native content.
- Write and compile front and back matter (ie, table of contents, author page, quiz, polling place) for assigned brands.
- Collaborate with content teams, especially managing editors, as well as interdepartmental teams to ensure excellent quality and accuracy of all material produced.
- Copyedit content, as assigned.
- Facilitate and assist with various writing and editing tasks, including press releases and other ad hoc assignments.
- Other miscellaneous editorial tasks (ie, communication with authors).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Strong editing and writing skills, with an even stronger attention to detail.
- Responsible individual with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Familiarity with AMA Style.
- Experience in writing clear, compelling copy.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products.
- Highly motivated, task-oriented individual with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with the ability to follow-up.
- Team player with problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of or experience in the veterinary profession is a plus.
- Culture of innovation: Applying a concerted interest and growing knowledge within your expertise with respect to industry development, professional trends, and outside-the-box thinking
- Culture of challenge: Voicing your opinion and respectfully listening to and challenging others’ opinions with the objective of achieving collaboration; valuing common goals over personal interests
- Continuous improvement: Embracing constant change as a competitive advantage with positivity and openness; continually seeking to improve one’s individual and team practices to facilitate a creative and inventive environment
- Respect for others: Trusting others and earning respect by working in a spirit of open, honest integrity, demonstrating friendliness, character, directness, vulnerability, and care with all team members, clients, partners, contributors, and vendors to deliver impeccable treatment
- Positive attitude: Accepting that an attitude anchored with positivity, flexibility, and care is not only a skill but a non-negotiable trait expected of all who constitute Brief Media
- Drive to succeed: Aggressively seeking success on behalf of the company, team, and individual through exceptional quality of work and application of the values herein stated.