Director of Engineering
Are you ready, willing, and able to roll up your sleeves and write code, debug, and do what it takes to ship a product on time? Does the variety of working all across the stack excite you? Can other team members look up to your technical expertise?
Brief Media is a company embracing technology to build tools and solutions that help veterinary professional navigate everyday challenges in their work—tools they don’t want to practice without.
Our award-winning Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs is only the beginning.
We are looking for a director-level engineer to join our Executive Team and help create and build the vision for industry-leading products. If you are driven to work hard, passionate about technology to solve real-world problems, knowledgeable about building effective and efficient tech dev teams, and believe animals make the world a better place, you may be the candidate we seek.
Why work with us?
We are looking to grow the business to the next level and the right person will help get us there. Whereas our passion is in animal care, we believe in and appreciate the esteemed people who comprise our team. We value a diverse and equitable workplace and provide great flexibility for our employees.
Ultimately, veterinarians are our heroes. They help our pets live longer, higher-quality lives, and we want to make their ability to practice best medicine as easy as possible. If you want to make the world a better place for vets and pets, maybe you should join our passionate team.
What You Will Do
- Lead, grow, and train cross-functional engineering teams, both local and distributed, to scale Brief Media's core SaaS product throughout the veterinary industry.
- Working with Product Management to set requirements, establish goals and timelines, and develop and maintain the company's product roadmap.
- Oversee front- and back-end development; be responsible for shipping new features and products on time.
- Take responsibility for roadmap planning, resource allocation, and go-to-market strategy for our suite of products
- Participate in rotating weekly support schedule to handle technical requests from Customer Success during normal business hours and oversee development and documentation for all tech products and platforms.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations.
- Prepare and manage the technology department’s budget.
- Implement innovative technologies and design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Director of Engineering or in a similar senior-level tech role
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Proficiency implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with cloud technologies, mobile apps, modern interfaces, and responsive UI design
- Fluent in English and have outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience
First and foremost, Brief Media is a team comprised of individuals who value, embrace and treasure pets. They cognitively see the world as a better place when animals are in it and recognize the human:animal bond as one that provides immeasurable benefits to people and pets alike.
PASSION: We have passion for WHAT we do because we unequivocally believe in the WHY. Our people are energetic, spirited, with fire in their souls.
INTEGRITY: With strong moral compasses to guide them, our team chooses to do what’s right for the profession, for the company, for our clients, for each other and for themselves…even when no one is watching.
IMPROVING, ALWAYS: We believe in challenging conventional thinking in order to make it better. Our team strives for transformative innovation: every product, every process, every person, every day.
GO THE EXTRA MILE: Our best quality and effort isn’t what comes easy. It is that which requires drive, commitment, sheer willpower…and then, just a little bit more.
VERSATILITY: We not only like change, we embrace it by regularly adapting our skill sets in order to lead innovation in the veterinary profession.
TEAMWORK: We are one team with one purpose, one vision, one focus, one goal.