The Accountant position will provide administrative and accounting support to the Accounting Manager and staff. Duties include all aspects of accounting, payroll, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, and project-based work.
- Perform key responsibilities with A/P functions
- Process vendor invoices and correspondence in a timely manner
- Process author and reviewer payments and correspondence in a timely manner
- Collect, record, maintain W-9s for vendors
- Record and reconcile corporate credit card charges
- Perform key responsibilities with A/R functions
- Create monthly invoices for all print, digital and special projects
- Assist with bank deposits and reconciliation
- Payroll including payroll tax reporting for multiple states
- End of year tax reporting
- Quarterly 941/940 Federal filings
- State quarterly filings
- 401K contributions
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, and payroll tax knowledge. Previous full-charge bookkeeping or similar experience within a small business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and written
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet established deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strive to improve performance and develop or grow skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and Excel; knowledge in Paycor and Magazine Manager a plus
First and foremost, Brief Media is a team comprised of individuals who value, embrace, and treasure pets. They cognitively see the world as a better place when animals are in it and recognize the human–animal bond as one that provides immeasurable benefits to people and pets alike.
PASSION: We have passion for WHAT we do because we unequivocally believe in the WHY. Our people are energetic and spirited, with fire in their souls.
DO THE RIGHT THING: With strong moral compasses to guide them, our team chooses to do what’s right for the profession, for the company, for our clients, for each other, and for themselves—even when no one is watching.
IMPROVING, ALWAYS: We believe in challenging conventional thinking in order to make it better. Our team strives for transformative innovation: every product, every process, every person, every day.
GO THE EXTRA MILE: Our best quality and effort isn’t what comes easy. It is that which requires drive, commitment, sheer inertia, and then, just a little bit more.
HUMILITY: We are a check-your-ego-at-the-door organization where each and every person’s opinion and perspective matters. We listen. To our audience. To our authors. To our clients. To each other.
TEAMWORK: We are one team with one purpose, one vision, one focus, one goal.